Half of the people who arrive at the hospital guards during the year-end festivities they are children or adolescents, many of them with mutilations, burns or significant eye injuries from the use of fireworks. In addition, there are those who suffer silently, who are people who, for different health reasons, have hearing sensitivity.
The Tutelary Public Ministry of the CABA (MPT) launched an awareness campaign on the use of fireworks in the upcoming Christmas and New Year holidays with the aim of preventing avoidable damage, under the slogan “Pyrotechnics is not a Game”.
The MPT alerted about those who suffer silently and are not part of the statistics like people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)who suffer from hearing hypersensitivity, newborns and older adults. As well as for those who are going through an international or are users of the services of mental health They are very vulnerable to noise.
It is also important to note that all pyrotechnic items can cause physical injury, even to those not handling them. further, produced to animals and the environment.
The Ministry makes a series of recommendations:
- Acquire fireworks material authorized by the General Directorate of Military Manufacturing or RENAR.
- That the fireworks have their original packaging to verify their legality.
- Never store fireworks in pockets or places where they may be exposed to heat or friction.
- Fireworks should be stored in a safe place out of the reach of children.
- Never allow children to handle fireworks.
- The manipulation must be carried out following the manufacturer’s instructions, lighting it on the floor, never in the hands and in a remote place.
- Never put fireworks in any type of container.
- Never point any type of pyrotechnic element at people, animals, objects or industrial facilities.
- Never throw explosive elements under vehicles.
- Never touch or go near unexploded fireworks
- Only use fireworks in open and spacious places.
In case of emergency, the medical attention centers are the following:
- Burn Hospital: at Pedro Goyena 369.
- Lagleyze Ophthalmological Centers: Av. Juan B. Justo 4151 and Santa Lucía: Av. San Juan 2021.
- Pediatric Hospital: Juan Garrahan: Pichincha 1890.
- Pediatric Hospital: Ricardo Gutiérrez: Gallo 1330.
- Pedro de Elizalde Pediatric Hospital: Montes de Oca 40.
- Phones 100 Firefighters // 103 Emergencies // 107 SAME.
You may also like